Garretts Multi Zone walkthrough metal detector provides enhanced performance and special program selections engineered to meet the varying security requirements of schools, special events, government buildings, mass transit, entertainment venues, loss prevention, zoos, and more. This budget-friendly detector includes a bright LED display and a zone light array on each side that is visible in the brightest sunlight. The Multi Zones industry leading performance is enhanced by an Auto Setup function, 20 zones, and tamper proof circuitry. Operator adjustments are simple, thanks to the unit’s intuitive menu design and slider bar feature. A 1.5 amp hour battery is included to act as a backup unit during power loss or accidental AC disconnection.
- 20-Zone Precision The MZ Detector
twenty zones provide precise location of one or more objects simultaneously.
- Advanced Synchronization Internal circuitry and 4 selectable channels allow any quantity of MZ detectors to be grouped as closely as 2 inches from each other. This provides the greatest flexibility in checkpoint design and effectively doubles the number of units that can be grouped in a tight space (as compared to other detector models).
- Optimum Performance More than 15 application programs engineered to address the needs of schools, airports, special events, prisons, courthouses, facilities, mass transit, loss prevention, and other applications.
- Intuitive Menu Design 32-character menu prompts are easy for users to understand (i.e., no codes, acronyms to learn).
- Auto-Scan Function The MZ Detector scans electromagnetic environment and selects optimal frequency for noise cancellation.
- Convenient Slider Bar Use to quickly adjust the value of a setting.
- Enhanced Access Control Tamper-free detector controls via a 5-digit alpha/numeric system that has 60 million code combos. Additional security measures include a programmable keypad restriction switch secured in the lockable cabinet.
- High Intensity LED Indicators Up to 5x brighter than indicator lights on some detectors. Eye-level green “proceed” symbol, red “wait” symbol, and zone indicators are highly visible, even in direct sunlight.
- Directional Counter Four settings for counting patrons: forward only, reverse only, subtract in reverse, and bidirectional.
- Optional Wired or Wireless Communication Manage walkthroughs individually or as groups and perform statistical analysis via network with CMA interface module.
- Two Optional Battery Backup Choices 1-hour or 10-hour operation lithium batteries available.
- Superior versatility Field programmable to allow system up-grades. Environmentally protected against wind, dust, rain. Full array of accessory items available.
- Selectable Language Select from more than 10 languages.
|Detection Zones||20 independent zones; visual and audible alarms|
|Multi-Unit Synchronization||Synchronization with wired AC power lines or with manual frequency selection for wireless operation. Auto frequency scan for wireless operation|
|Visual Displays||LED zone indicator lights on both panels. Status lights are individually configurable as pace lights, ready/alarm lights or disabled.|
|Access Control||Ten-button operation with full alpha-numeric 5-digit access code. Enable and disable keypad function with a rocker switch locked inside the detector head.|
|Passageway Interior Size||Width 30″ (0.76 m)|
Height 80″ (2.03 m)
Depth 23″ (0.58 m)(32 versions are also available)
|Overall Exterior Size||Width 35″ (0.90 m)|
Height 87″ (2.21 m)
Depth 23″ (0.58 m)
|Shipping Size||Width 35.5″ (.90 m)|
Height 91.5″ (2.32 m)
Depth 6.25″ (.16 m)
|Shipping Weight||151 lbs. (68.5 kg)|
|Operating Temperatures||-4 F (-20 C) to +140 F (60 C); Humidity to 95% non-condensing.|
|Power||Fully automatic 100 to 240 VAC, 50 or 60 Hertz, 40 watts; no rewiring, switching or adjustments needed. 1-hour backup battery included for the Multi Zone.|
|Regulatory Information||Meets Electrical Safety and Compatibility Requirements for CE, FCC, CSA, IEC, ICNIRP and IEEE. Additional certifications pending.|
|Weatherproofing||Meets IP 55, IEC 529 Standard for moisture, foreign matter protection|
|Construction||Attractive scratch and mar-resistant laminate. Detection Heads and Support: heavy duty aluminum.|
|Control Outputs||Optional Relay module connected via RS 485 cable provides NO/NC relay contact|
|(optional) Remote Control||Desktop Remote Control with Zone Indication; personal computer with wired or wireless iC Module; or IR remote|
|(optional) Networking||Manage individual or groups of walkthroughs and perform statistical analysis of throughput with wired or wireless iC Module and client software.|